The purpose of the faculty development program at NESGI is to assist faculty members in the integrating of their teaching and other work at the institute into its mission and objectives. To this end the program focuses both on the individual contribution of the faculty as well as the academic responsibilities of the institute.
OBJECTIVES OF FACULTY IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMME:
- To familiarize the teachers with the quality education in academics and good practices to achieve the qualities in research as desired by AICTE/University/MSBTE/DTE.
- To understand present scenario in education, to identify key issues & challenges faced by teachers for teaching.
- To take efforts for improving quality of teaching and make learning process interesting and enjoyable for students.
- To assist faculty for improving coordination among different departments by participating and conducting teacher training program events and workshops.
- To develop the teachers on ethical aspects of teaching, learning and valuation. Orienting new staff members in to the academic culture of the institution.
- Developing discrete skills, such as the implementation of new assessment methods or online learning.
- Professionalizing teaching, by enhancing and extending the educational practice of academics in different disciplines.
- Developing educational scholarship, by supporting individuals who will extend the field of Engineering, Management, and science and humanities education research.
- Grant writing, report writing, proposal writing, research methodology, technical skills and effective teaching skills, assessment skills and methods, curriculum preparation.
- Academic development: Specialty, sub-specialty, ME, MBA, MA, M. Phil PhD and post doctorial etc.