“Anti Ragging committee and squad actively take care to prevent and eliminate the Menace of ragging in our institute. This includes any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any student, or indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student or asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student, in this institution and thereby, to provide for the healthy development, physically and psychologically, of all students.”
All premises including academic, residential, sports, canteen etc. whether located with the campus or outside and all means of transportation of students whether public or private. If anyone found guilty of ragging and / or abetting ragging, whether actively or passively, or being a part of a conspiracy to promote ragging, is liable to be punished in accordance with the UGC Ragging on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Education Institution, 2009 and as well as under the provisions of any penal law for the time being in force such as the Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1999.
And the use of alcohol and misconduct is also strictly prohibited in this campus. What are the punishments for Ragging?
- Cancellation of admission
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from Appeared in any test/examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.